My Health Info Portal Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding agreement between the user ("you") and Grady Memorial Hospital, Five Oaks Medical Group, Rush Springs Family Medical Clinic, and Tuttle Family Medical Clinic, its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and physicians (together "Hospital/Clinic"). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age, or legally emancipated, and that you are requesting access to portions of your personal health information and the ability to communicate with your My Health Info Portal care team via the Internet using an electronic application called the My Health Info Portal. You acknowledge that My Health Info Portal is offered as a courtesy to Hospital/Clinic patients and agree that the Hospital/Clinic may limit or discontinue your use of My Health Info Portal at any time for any reason.
My Health Info Portal is an Internet service that allows Hospital/Clinic patients to communicate with their participating health care providers through secure messaging; view appointments; update personal information; view prescriptions and request prescription refills, view and print a Continuity of Care document or Health Summary, and view selected test results.
Minimum User Requirements and Security
1. This Web site uses encryption software. In order to use My Health Info Portal, you must have:
A personal computer equipped with an Internet browser that has 128-bit encryption enabled and configured to accept cookies.
Internet access and a valid email account to enable you to receive email messages and spam filters adjusted to accept email from email@example.com
This website is best viewed in Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, and Firefox. It will not work with older versions. Users assume sole responsibility for configuration, security, or content of their particular device. Grady Memorial Hospital assumes no liability in this regard.
2. While Hospital/Clinic uses state-of-the-art security, no system can guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information. When using My Health Info Portal, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of My Health Info Portal System and its contractors. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE. Once information is received by us, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all other Hospital/Clinic medical records are given.
Security, Confidentiality and Usage Guidelines for My Health Info Portal
1. My Health Info Portal is designed as a secure Internet-based environment through which you may receive confidential medical information about yourself. Once you sign up for My Health Info Portal, an email notification will be sent to the email address you provided on registration to confirm your request to set up a new account. You will be given a one-time-only My Health Info Portal username and password to use to activate your account. You will then create your own My Health Info Portal username, password and security question. Please DO NOT SHARE your password with anyone. The individual My Health Info Portal username and password you choose when you first login to My Health Info Portal are the keys to protecting the confidentiality of your information. You are responsible for remembering your My Health Info Portal username and password and for keeping them confidential. We strongly suggest storing your My Health Info Portal username, password and security question in a secure place for future reference. Please activate your account as soon as possible so that you may begin using the services immediately. The email containing your one-time user name and password will expire in 7 days from the day it is sent to you. If you lose or forget your username or password, please use the link provided on the Login Screen to recover your password.
3. Verification of Identity and Proxies. You may request a My Health Info Portal account for yourself, for your minor children as allowed under the law, and any other person who has given you written authority (a "Proxy"). You may not request or access a My Health Info Portal account for anyone else. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you certify that you are authorized to open or access the account you are requesting and that all information you have provided to Hospital/Clinic is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You further agree that in the event you request a My Health Info Portal account or information on behalf of a Proxy you will be required to provide documentation of your authority (for example, a durable healthcare power of attorney) before you can receive a one-time username and password to complete registration or access that person's health information. Patients who permit proxy access of their records do so at their own risk.
It is your responsibility to terminate proxy access if you no longer wish for your proxy to have access to your health care information through the My Health Info Portal. Proxy access may be terminated by the Patient at any time, without proxy consent by filling out and submitting the Proxy Revocation Form.
4. Once you have activated your My Health Info Portal account, your My Health Info Portal Message Center will become the primary vehicle to send messages to your participating provider(s). You MUST provide us with your email address when activating your My Health Info Portal account and keep your email address current via the Patient Profile, Demographic Section in My Health Info Portal to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information in a timely manner. You will also continue to receive communications via the United States Postal Service or other means from Hospital/Clinic.
5. YOU MUST NOT SEND ANY MESSAGES REQUIRING URGENT ATTENTION USING My Health Info Portal. Doing so may create a delay in your receiving necessary medical treatment and could result in loss of life, organ or limb and could cause significant deterioration in your health. If you believe you have an urgent medical matter, you should call 911 immediately or proceed to the nearest emergency room. If the matter is not urgent but requires a timely response, please contact your physician's office by telephone.
6. Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday, (excluding holidays) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FOR ALL MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, IMMEDIATELY CALL 911.
How Hospital Protects Your Personal Health Information
1. Notice of Privacy Practices. Hospital/Clinic, considers the privacy of your health information to be one of the most important elements in our relationship with you and one the Hospital/Clinic takes very seriously. By accessing or using My Health Info Portal, you acknowledge that you have received a copy of Hospital Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices, which may be accessed by clicking http://www.gradymem.org
. Under Patients/Visitors, select Patient Information, Privacy Notice.
7. Grady Memorial Hospital Privacy Statement. The Hospital/Clinics are committed to protecting the privacy of the information you send and receive through the My Health Info Portal. This privacy statement applies to the My Health Info portal and governs data collection and usage. By using My Health Info Portal, you consent to all terms and conditions described in this Privacy Statement, which can be access by clicking http://www.gradymem.org
. Under Patients/Visitors, select Privacy Statement.
8. All communications between you and your health care team using My Health Info Portal are carried over a secure, encrypted connection directly into the Hospital/Clinic electronic medical record. While you may receive Internet e-mail messages notifying you of new information in your My Health Info Portal, these e-mails will not contain any personal health information. It is your responsibility to login to your My Health Info Portal account and read the messages promptly.
1. My Health Info Portal is a communication service offered as a convenience to Hospital/Clinic patients. By accessing or using My Health Info Portal, you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement including but not limited to Hospital/Clinic Privacy Statement as posted. Hospital/Clinic reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which My Health Info Portal is offered. By accessing or using My Health Info Portal, you further agree that any and all such modifications are effective and binding upon you immediately upon posting of the modified version. Currently My Health Info Portal is offered at no cost to you. However, Hospital/Clinic reserves the right in the future to charge a fee for the use of My Health Info Portal. You will be notified of this change and asked to re-apply if you agree to the fee and wish to continue with this service.
9. You understand that My Health Info Portal provides you with online access to some clinical information about you. You are solely responsible for any sharing of My Health Info Portal content that you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others. It is extremely important that you keep your My Health Info Portal username and password in a secure location and completely confidential. Anyone with access to your My Health Info Portal username and password will be able to view your personal medical information and communicate with your health care team as if that person were you. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your access code and password and change your password and security question if you feel that your security has been compromised.
10. My Health Info Portal Messaging
a. By using My Health Info Portal, you acknowledge and agree that this messaging service is intended to facilitate dialogue regarding personal health matters. You agree not to use My Health Info Portal to post or send or post any illicit or offensive material.
b. You understand that not all Hospital physicians participate in sending and receiving electronic communications. If one of your physicians is not listed as a potential recipient of email through My Health Info Portal do not use My Health Info Portal messaging to contact him/her electronically. You should call to make an appointment or to speak with that physician. All Five Oaks Medical Group, Rush Springs Family Medical Clinic, and Tuttle Family Medical Clinic providers have the ability to receive messages from the portal.
c. While My Health Info Portal supports many different types of communication, it is best for you and your health care provider to agree on the type of communication most appropriate in your particular case. Hospital/Clinic physicians reserve the right to decline email correspondence with patients for any reason. If your request to correspond by email is declined, then call your healthcare provider to make an appointment or to speak with that physician.
d. You understand that messages will be routed to the appropriate department as necessary for handling, and therefore Hospital/Clinic employees, other than your healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner and/or physician's assistant), may be involved in addressing your request. If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond, messages sent via My Health Info Portal may be routed to other authorized healthcare providers within Hospital/Clinic to facilitate a timely response to your request. Therefore use of My Health Info Portal may not be appropriate if there is sensitive information that you want to discuss directly with your healthcare provider.
e. You understand that your health care team may send you messages, test results, and other communications via My Health Info Portal as authorized in the sole discretion of your physician. These messages may contain information important to your health and medical care. It is your responsibility to monitor these messages. By entering your valid and functional email address at registration, you have enabled Hospital/Clinic to notify you of new information sent to your My Health Info Portal. You further agree that Hospital/Clinic will not be liable for any loss, injury, illness, damages, or claims of any kind resulting from your failure to timely read messages you may receive through My Health Info Portal.
f. Reasonable efforts will be made by staff to respond to portal messages within (3) business days. Messages are checked Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. Response time may be longer if the My Health Info Portal service is interrupted for maintenance, upgrades, or emergency repairs related to events beyond our control. In this respect, you agree not to hold Hospital/Clinic, its physician practices, physicians, providers, or any of its staff, in any way liable or responsible to your for such modification, suspension, or disruption of the My Health Info Portal.
Portal Help Desk
1. The Portal Help Desk is offered Monday through Friday 8am-5pm to assist with any technical, enrollment, or password issues you may be having. This is not to be used for any health related information. The Portal Help Desk can be reached at (405) 779-2106, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking the 'Contact Us' in your My Health Info Portal. This email or the 'Contact Us' is not a secure method of communication, so NO patient information should be contained in any email correspondence. The Portal Help Desk phone and/or electronic messages are checked during hours of operation, which are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. You are encouraged to use the My Health Info Portal at any time; however, messages submitted after hours will be checked the next business day. Reasonable efforts will be made to respond to email, 'Contact Us' messages, and/or phone messages within one (1) business day, but no later than three (3) business days, after receipt. Response time may be longer if the My Health Info Portal service is interrupted for maintenance, upgrades, or emergency repairs related to events beyond our control. In this respect, you agree not to hold Hospital/Clinics, its physician practices, physicians, providers or any of its staff, in any way liable or responsible to you for such modification, suspension, or disruption of the My Health Info Portal.
Discontinuing Use of Hospital Portal
1. You may discontinue your use of My Health Info Portal at any time by deactivating your account by calling the Portal Help Desk at (405) 779-2106.
11. Grady Memorial Hospital reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or discontinue your use of My Health Info Portal at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to your use of My Health Info Portal on behalf of another person. You will be notified if your My Health Info Portal service is discontinued.
Your Clinical Information
1. As we provide your health care, we are required to maintain documentation of your medical history, current conditions, treatment plan and all treatments given, including the results of all tests, procedures and therapies. My Health Info Portal is an Internet application that enables a patient to have secured web-based access to personal clinical information, as released by the treating physician, and allows secure electronic messaging with participating Hospital/Clinic physicians. By using My Health Info Portal, you understand that not all of your Hospital or Clinic medical record will be accessible through your My Health Info Portal account. Posting of information to your My Health Info Portal account is at the sole discretion of your individual physician(s).
12. Messages you send or receive via My Health Info Portal may become part of your permanent medical record at the sole discretion of your physician. If such messages are made part of your permanent medical record, they will be accessible to current and future Hospital/Clinic staff members who are involved with your care.
13. All Hospital/Clinic -generated electronic medical records are subject to state and federal regulations governing the security and confidentiality of medical records.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content included in My Health Info Portal and on all Hospital web sites, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, button icons, images, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and data ("Content"), in any form are protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. The Content includes both Content owned or controlled by Grady Memorial Hospital, its subsidiaries or affiliates ("Hospital ") as well as Content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to Hospital/Clinic. Reproduction of any Content, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without the express written consent of Hospital/Clinic.
Site Access and Licenses
1. Hospital/Clinic grants a limited license to each user to make personal use only of the Web site and the associated services in accordance with these terms and conditions of use. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the Web site and the associated services, making any derivative of the Web site or the associated services, the collection and use of user email addresses or other user information, including, without limitation, health information or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever.
14. Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein may result in revocation of a user's license and cancellation of a user's My Health Info Portal account including the right to access information through My Health Info Portal on behalf of any proxies. Hospital/Clinic reserves the right to report violations of law to appropriate law enforcement agencies and to pursue all other rights and remedies available to it under civil or criminal law.
Links to Third Party Websites
This web site and the My Health Info Portal contain links to Web sites operated by other parties which might have information on health topics of interest to you. These links are provided for your general information and education only, and should NOT be relied upon for personal diagnosis or treatment. Hospital/Clinic does not sponsor or endorse any of these sites, nor does Hospital/Clinic make any guarantee, warranty or representation regarding the accuracy of the information contained on the Web sites. Hospital/Clinic has no control over the security or privacy practices of these external Web sites. Use of other sites is strictly at your own risk including, but not limited to, any risks associated with destructive viruses. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other Web sites.
Disclaimers of Warranties: My Health Info Portal Health Content Module & www.gradymem.org
1. The My Health Info Portal Content Module provides access to an online medical library and articles on a variety of health-related topics. Information in the Health Content Module and on Hospital/Clinic's Web site www.gradymem.org is based on current medical literature and on physician review. Although we may update the content on this service from time to time, please note that medical information changes rapidly. The information on this site is provided AS-IS. Hospital/Clinic makes no representations or endorsements about the suitability for any purpose of products, information or services available through the Health Content Module or Hospital/Clinic's Web site. Hospital/Clinic does not guarantee the timeliness, validity, completeness or accuracy of information made available to you for any particular purpose. Hospital/Clinic and its suppliers disclaim all warranties, conditions, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, title, and non-infringement, with regard to the products, information and services contained or made available through the Health Content Module or www.gradymem.org, including but not limited to the availability of this service, lack of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties, or any failure to provide the service.
15. Use of the My Health Info Portal Content Module and information contained on www.gradymem.org is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only and should not be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific treatment plan, product, or course of action. The Health Content Module and www.gradymem.org should not be relied upon to replace the advice of a physician. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Hospital/Clinic Health System, its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, its suppliers, licensees and sub licensees are not responsible for the results of your decisions resulting from the use of the Health Content Module or www.gradymem.org, including, but not limited to, your choosing to seek or not to seek professional medical care, or your choosing or not choosing specific treatment based on the content.
Limitation of Liability
1. Some of the material on Hospital/Clinic's Web site and in the My Health Info Portal is provided by third parties and Hospital/Clinic shall not be held responsible for any such third-party material. Hospital/Clinic disclaims any responsibility for or liability related to such third-party material. Any questions complaints or claims related to any product should be directed to the appropriate third party.
16. Hospital/Clinic shall not be liable for any loss, injury, illness, damages, or claims of any kind resulting from your failure to timely read messages you may receive through My Health Info Portal.
By using Hospital/Clinic's Web site including but not limited to My Health Info Portal, you agree that the laws of the state of Oklahoma, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute that might arise between you and Hospital/Clinic, its doctors, nurses, staff or other affiliates. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Hospital/Clinic, and/or its employees, subsidiaries, contractors, officers and directors, resides in the courts of Grady County, Oklahoma and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Grady County, Oklahoma in connection with any claim involving Hospital/Clinic or its clinics. Use of Hospital/Clinic's Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to the terms and conditions set forth herein.